Cadillac ATS sales totaled 2,781 in January, a month when ATS was named car of the year at the Detroit Auto Show.
On the GM (GM) sales call, sales chief Kurt McNeil declared, "We haven't seen a January this strong since 2008 ... the tempo of sales was strong from start to finish during the month (and) we achieved it with lower incentive spending." He said GM benefited from three factors: pent-up demand, "great products in key segments," and "the buzz at the auto show."
"The Detroit show was truly magical for GM," McNeil said. The unveiling of the Corvette Stingray and the Cadillac ELR drew a lot of attention. But, he said, "Cadillac ATS winning North American car of the year was an even bigger deal for us, given our global aspirations for the brand."ATS is now the third best-selling car in the luxury compact segment (after BMW 3 Series and Mercedes C-Class) and helped Cadillac to deliver its best January retail sales in 23 years, McNeil said.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV