Ford Fusion sales rose 64.5% to 22,399. That's not only a big jump over the same month a year earlier, but also reflected the inability to get 2013 Fusions in previous months.
In October, Fusion sales fell 30% to 12,690. In November, sales fell 24% to 15,125. In December, sales fell 4.5% to 21,622.
"I've been talking about us getting the appropriate (Fusion) inventories for the last few months," Czubay said during on the company's sales call. Asked if sales were simply catching up with unmet demand, he said, "It's hard to say if it was catch-up. We anticipate it will continue at this pace."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV