Trim: 2.5-liter four-door
Original MSRP: $17,689
KBB private party value: $4,720
Retained value 26.7%
Even the 2.5-liter four-cylinder version of the midsized generates 175 horsepower while getting a combined 24 miles per gallon. That's sporty enough for a three-pod, sports-car instrument layout, but is perhaps the least impressive of its features.
This Altima is loaded with a tilt and telescopic steering wheel, a power port inside the center console (remember, most folks were still using cigarette lighters for smoking at this point) and steering wheel-mounted controls for the stereo and a trip computer. The big selling points, though, include leather seating, an auto-dimming rearview mirror, HomeLink universal transmitter, high-intensity headlights, a power sunroof and an in-dash six-disc CD changer for when that wave of CD nostalgia eventually kicks in.If the Altima's a little big for buyers still considering a used Nissan, the Sentra XE sedan still fetches 22.4% of its original MSRP and can take a beating.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV