It isn't just Las Vegas oddsmakers who think this game is a big deal.
It's the biggest betting day in that particular sports gambling capital, but it's the second-biggest sports betting day worldwide -- behind only world soccer's Champions League final. In Nevada alone, however, the folks at LVH Superbook said last year's matchup between the New York Giants and New England Patriots brought in nearly $94 million in bets, just shy of the $94.5 million record set before the Pittsburgh Steelers' win over the Seattle Seahawks in 2006.This doesn't always mean great things for Nevada bookies, however. Though the New England Patriots helped the bookmakers take in more than $15.4 million by not covering the point spread against the Philadelphia Eagles in 2005, they cost those same oddsmakers nearly $2.6 million when the Giants upset the Patriots in 2008.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV