10 Items You Should Be Buying in February
5. Air conditioning unit
As the winter weather hits most of the country, no one is thinking about air conditioning, making this the ideal time to buy an air conditioning unit for next summer.
"Scoring the best deals comes down to thinking about what products are out of their natural season, and if you happen to be in the market for these items, you'll get a better deal," Lal says.
6. Prom and wedding dresses
Don't wait until the spring or summer months to buy a wedding or prom dress. "Wedding season is during spring and summer, while winter is a lot slower," Lal says.And during slow seasons, that is when retailers put forth the discounts. Notice the pattern? 7. Valentine's Day items Aside from chocolate and flowers, think of all the other items consumers typically buy for their loved ones on Valentine's Day. Lal says perfume, as well as Broadway show tickets, will be discounted in the days leading up to Valentine's Day. 8. Ski equipment If you're looking to replace your old ski gear, now is the time. "The end of the ski season is a great time to score deals on ski equipment from sport shops and resale sport shops. The stores want to clear out the old inventory to make room for the new models," Pavini says. 9. Luggage The travel industry is slow in February, making this the best month to buy luggage. "You can get luggage at any of the major stores, but check out coupon codes for both online and in-store luggage deals," Pavini says. 10. Bikes In keeping with the off-season buying theme, another item that's not typically bought in February is a bicycle. Instead of waiting until the warmer months to buy a bike, Lal suggests making that purchase now. And you'll have better luck by heading to the some of the smaller bike shops in your area, as they tend to have more room and flexibility when it comes to negotiating the price down even further.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV