And there's more. While the stock market may be all the rage in recent months, budget debates, $100 oil and/or declining economic growth could potentially dampen enthusiasm. Even if the "expected" does not conspire to create a bit of stock selling or Treasury buying, the "unexpected" may.
For all of these reasons, I would encourage risk-takers to balance their riskiest desires (think homebuilders and small-caps) with a helping of equity income producers. I like international REITs via SPDR DJ International REIT (RWX), iShares Emerging Market Minimum Volatility (EEMV) as well as nontraditional equity income resources like iShares MSCI Australia (EWA).
You can listen to the ETF Expert Radio Show "LIVE", via podcast or on your iPod. You can follow me on Twitter @ETFexpert.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV