Triton is a maritime version of the combat-proven Global Hawk unmanned aircraft system. Developed for the U.S. Navy, Triton can fly missions for 24 hours at altitudes more than 10 miles, allowing the system to cover vast areas of ocean and coastal regions. The Navy developed its future concept for maritime patrol using Triton in conjunction with the P-8 Poseidon, a manned surveillance platform that has also been purchased by the Indian Navy. Northrop Grumman produces the AN/ALQ-240(V)1 Electronic Support Measures system, the early warning self-protection system, and the embedded global positioning and inertial navigation system for the P-8A.
Northrop Grumman is developing the LEMV long-endurance hybrid airship system for the U.S. Army. This system is designed to be optionally manned, providing the flexibility to operate with or without a crew onboard and offers persistent surveillance with reconfigurable payloads to meet emerging multimission needs. The first fight of the LEMV was successfully completed in August 2012.
Northrop Grumman is a leading global security company providing innovative systems, products and solutions in unmanned systems, cyber security, C4ISR, and logistics and modernization to government and commercial customers worldwide. Please visit www.northropgrumman.com for more information.
SOURCE Northrop Grumman Corporation
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV