Giant Food Alerts Customers To Voluntary Recall Of Gold Coast Fresh Crab Spread
LANDOVER, Md., Feb. 2, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Giant Food LLC, following a recall by GoldCoast Salads, announced it removed from sale Gold Coast Fresh Crab Spread due to possible contamination by listeria monocytogenes.
The following product is included in this recall:
- Gold Coast Fresh Crab Spread, UPC 83355500325, 8 oz., expiration date of 1/31/2013
To date, Giant has received no reports of illnesses. Customers who have purchased the product should discard any unused portions and bring their purchase receipt to Giant for a full refund.
Listeria is a common organism found in nature. Consumption of food contaminated with Listeria monocytogenes can cause listeriosis, an uncommon but potentially fatal disease. Healthy people rarely contract listeriosis. However, listeriosis can cause high fever, severe headache, neck stiffness and nausea. Listeriosis can also cause miscarriages and stillbirths, as well as serious and sometimes fatal infections in those with weakened immune systems, such as infants, the elderly and persons with HIV infection or undergoing chemotherapy.Consumers looking for additional information on the recall may call Gold Coast customer service at 1-239-513-0430. In addition customers may call Giant Customer Service at 1-888-469-4426 for more information. Customers can also visit the Giant website at www.giantfood.com. About Giant Food of Landover, Md. Giant Food LLC, headquartered in Landover, Md., operates 170 supermarkets in Virginia, Maryland, Delaware, and the District of Columbia, and employs approximately 22,000 associates. Included within the 170 stores are 156 full-service pharmacies. Giant is owned by Ahold USA, Inc. For more information on Giant, visit www.GiantFood.com . SOURCE Giant Food of Landover, Md.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV