Jim Cramer's Best Blogs
Feb 02, 2013 | 11:14 AM EST
For Facebook, It's All in the Eye of the Beholder Posted at 11:41 a.m. EST on Thursday, Jan. 31 Facebook's (FB - Get Report) great. Facebook's horrible. Facebook's cheap. Facebook's expensive. Facebook's growing like a weed. Facebook's growth is already slowing. Which is true? How could there really be such extremes in sentiment here? Believe me when I say I am only hearing extremes, as there seems to be no middle ground at all with this stock. The answer? It's all in the eye of the beholder. People are seeing what they want to see in Facebook. Let me give you the bear case, which puts you in the head of the sellers. Then I'll give you the bull case, which allows you to understand it from the perspective of the buyers. It's the only way, frankly, to explain the stock's wild ping-pong game: First it'll hang in, even after a huge rally, then it'll give up the ghost before it settles in where it was a fortnight ago -- before the big price spike.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas