NRG Energy, Inc. (NYSE: NRG) today dedicated a solar photovoltaic installation and opened the NRG Playground at the Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Charter School for Science and Technology in New Orleans. The installation, donated by NRG, will provide sun-powered energy and education to enhance the experience for the students, and demonstrate how solar is a viable energy option for a new generation of accessible sustainable projects. The installation and playground were dedicated by David Crane, NRG President and CEO; Drew Brees, New Orleans Saints quarterback; and Dr. Doris Roche’-Hicks, CEO and Principal of the Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Charter School for Science and Technology.
As part of the event, NRG hosted a panel discussion on the future of solar power featuring Jeffrey Sachs, Director of the Earth Institute at Columbia University; Don Smolenski, President of the Philadelphia Eagles; Matt Petersen, President and CEO of Global Green USA; and Laura Spanjian, Director, Office of Sustainability for the City of Houston.
“The new solar installation at the Martin Luther King School demonstrates the applicability and versatility of solar power in urban environments,” said Crane. “In addition to reducing the energy costs of the school, the solar panels will provide shade and shelter to students and teachers while on the school grounds.”
To raise awareness of recent advancements in solar technology, NRG has championed flagship solar power projects at several high-visibility locations including: Arizona State University; FedEx Field, home of the Washington Redskins; Patriots Place/Gillette Stadium, home of the New England Patriots; Lincoln Financial Field, home of the Philadelphia Eagles; MetLife Stadium, home of the New York Jets and New York Giants; and the new Santa Clara Stadium, future home of the San Francisco 49ers.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV