Obama: 2013 Can Be Year of Economic Growth
WASHINGTON -- President Barack Obama says 2013 can be a year of solid economic growth, but only if Washington gets out of the way.
In his weekly radio and Internet address, Obama says there are signs of progress in real estate, manufacturing and job-creation.
But other signs are worrying. Unemployment ticked up from 7.8% in December to 7.9% in January. And the Commerce Department says the economy shrank at an annual rate of 0.1% in the final months of 2012.
Obama says the U.S. must lower health care costs and close tax loopholes for corporations and the wealthy.In the Republican address, Rep. Susan Brooks of Indiana says Democrats must get serious about the nation's spending problems. She's calling on Senate Democrats to pass a budget. ___ Online: Obama address: www.whitehouse.gov GOP address: www.youtube.com/HouseConference
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV