For example, I have been a
Yet, one of my favorite countries (Malaysia) in the region ran into political headwinds.
Rather than insist the China neighbor theme would work for every Asia-Pacific player, I exited Malaysian equities. Also, I increased my exposure to iShares MSCI Asia excl Japan (AAXJ) as well as iShares MSCI Australia (EWA). In some aggressive accounts, I initiated a position in PowerShares DB Base Metals (DBB), sensing that metals like copper and zinc would play a large role in China's economic resurgence.
Does my conviction on Asia's recovery make me an unqualified stock ETF bull? Hardly. I gave the example of how I reduced exposure to the Malay peninsula. What's more, I employ
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV