Boeing engineers begin vote on strike next week
Just when Boeing really needs its engineers, they're throwing around the idea of a strike.
Boeing is working around the clock to solve the battery problems that have grounded its 787s around the world. Its unionized engineers are a big part of that effort.But on Monday, Boeing engineers begin voting on a new contract and on whether to authorize a strike. The union is urging them to reject the contract. ___ Apple is biggest US phone seller for 1st time NEW YORK (AP) â¿¿ The launch of the iPhone 5 and the declining popularity of not-so-smartphones have made Apple the biggest seller of phones in the U.S. for the first time, research firm Strategy Analytics said Friday. The firm estimates that Apple shipped 17.7 million iPhones of all kinds to U.S. buyers in the October-to-December period, accounting for one in three new phones. Samsung Electronics of Korea was close behind, shipping 16.8 million phones. Samsung has been the largest seller of phones to the U.S. market since 2008, Strategy Analytics said. ___ By The Associated Press(equals) The Dow Jones industrial average ended 149.21 points higher at 14,009.79. The S&P 500 rose 15.06 to 1,513.17. The Nasdaq composite index was up 36.97 to 3,179.10. Benchmark oil for March delivery rose 28 cents to finish at $97.77 a barrel on the New York Mercantile Exchange. Brent crude, used to price international varieties of oil, was up $1.21 to end at $116.76 a barrel on the ICE Futures exchange in London. Wholesale gasoline rose 2 cents to finish at $3.05 per gallon. Natural gas fell 4 cents to end at $3.30 per 1,000 cubic feet. Heating oil gained 4 cents to finish at $3.16 a gallon.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV