IPad Altering Interaction Between Pharma Sales Forces, Physicians, & Consumers
CHAPEL HILL, N.C., Feb. 1, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- The integration of the iPad into the pharmaceutical industry has had a substantial impact on the sector's interactions with physicians and payers. The growth of tablet technology is rapidly transforming how field sales forces in the pharmaceutical industry communicate with physicians and payers.
While the implementation of the iPad has been rapid and exponential, effectively integrating iPads into the field requires significant planning and training to make the investment a success. A new benchmark study completed by research and consulting firm Best Practices, LLC uncovered strategies for measuring the effectiveness of the iPad as an inventive sales tool.
The report, Deploying the iPad to Sales & Managed Markets Teams: Training and Effectiveness Benchmark, focuses on key challenges and best practices when deploying iPads or Android-Based tablets to large customer-facing commercial groups within pharmaceutical and medical device organizations.
Among the findings that Best Practices uncovered:
- Approximately one in five companies have already issued iPads to their managed markets teams, with an overall majority of benchmark companies planning to do so in the next 12 months.
- Systems Integration and Application Development
- Security and Compliance
- Applications that Increase Productivity
- Field Usage and Measuring Effectiveness
- Challenges and Best Practices in Making the Investment a Success
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV