Toyota Canada Inc. Reports January Sales
- Launch of all-new Toyota Avalon results in 169% sales increase
- GS sales momentum continues by setting a new January record
- Prius family has best-ever January; Prius Plug-in best month ever
- New January record for Scion sales
TORONTO, Feb. 1, 2013 /CNW/ - For the month of January, TCI sold 9,438 vehicles, down 11.5% versus 2012. A key factor in the decline was a shortage of RAV4 inventory, in advance of the scheduled mid-February launch of the all-new 2013 RAV4.
Results from January included an increase of 169.2% in sales of the all-new Toyota Avalon,in its first full month of sales.
Among other highlights, there was continued growth for TCI hybrids, with a new January record of 853 vehicles sold (up 30.4%), led by a record January for the Prius family (up 63.1%) and Lexus hybrids (up 23.5%).Toyota sales highlights for January 2013 (vs. 2012)
- Toyota sales: 8,333
- Toyota passenger car sales: 4,772
- Avalon sales: 105 (up 169.2%)
- Toyota truck sales: 3,561
- Tacoma 4x4 sales: 552 :: New January record (up 12.7%)
- Tundra 4X4 sales: 435 (up 16%)
- FJ Cruiser sales: 47 (up 9.3%)
- Toyota hybrid sales: 664 (up 32.5%):: Hybrids represented 8% of Toyota sales in January
- Prius family sales: 429 :: New January record (up 63.1%)
- Prius Plug-in Hybrid :: 33 :: best month ever
- Prius c sales: 106 :: Accounted for 21.8% of overall Toyota subcompact sales in January
- Camry Hybrid sales: 176 (up 7.3%)
- Lexus luxury car sales: 359 (up 9.1%)
- GS 350 sales: 41 :: New January record (up 412.5%)
- ES sales: 117 (up 34.5%)
- Lexus hybrid sales: 189 :: New January record (up 23.5%) :: Hybrid models accounted for 23.2% of Lexus sales in January
- Scion sales: 290 :: New January record (up 1.8%)
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV