BHCC Among The Region's Largest Colleges And Universities In Journal's Ranking
BOSTON, Feb. 1, 2013 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- For the second consecutive year, Bunker Hill Community College (BHCC) ranks eighth largest among the region's colleges and universities, according to the Boston Business Journal's new Book of Lists. In addition, the College has the area's single largest enrollment of part-time students.
The Boston Business Journal annually compiles a Book of Lists to create a snapshot of the area's economy, businesses, health-care institutions and colleges/universities. With 12,934 full-time and part-time students as of fall 2011, Bunker Hill Community College ranks eighth in enrollment, ahead of such institutions as MIT, Tufts, Brandeis and Bentley as well as the Commonwealth's other 14 community colleges.
While BHCC is one of the largest institutions of higher education in Massachusetts, it continues to be one of the most affordable. According to the Boston Business Journal's ranking, the 2012-13 cost of tuition and fees at BHCC was $3,384, the lowest of the colleges and universities listed.BHCC continues to grow. As of fall 2012, the College's enrollment rose to 13,504 students, a 4.4 percent increase from 2011. To accommodate the growing number of students and expanding programs, the College has leased a 25,000-square-foot facility to serve the students at its Charlestown Campus. The facility, which opened in January with the start of the spring semester, houses additional classrooms, a student lounge, faculty offices, two conference rooms and a Sustainability Lab for the College's new Sustainability associate degree and certificate programs. Relocated at this space is the Center for Self-Directed Learning, the Workforce Development Center, the Community Center for Entrepreneurship and the Community Education program.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV