The company reported that its Basel III Tier 1 common equity ratio was 9.25% as of Dec. 31. The Basel III ratio was already significantly above the 8.5% that will be required in January 2019, when the Federal Reserve's enhanced capital requirements for systemically important financial institutions are fully phased in.
When discussing Bank of America's cost-cutting efforts, CEO Brian Moynihan said during the earnings conference call on Jan. 17 that "we have reduced our employee count in each quarter in the last five and we have done that while we continue to invest in our targeted growth areas," and that "we reduced our delinquent mortgage count, which allowed us to reduce our
Stifel Nicolaus analyst Christopher Mutascio rates Bank of America "buy," with a $13 price target, and said in a report on Jan. 18 that his positive take on the stock was unchanged, because of the company's modest net interest margin expansion and "solid growth" in several areas of fee income.
-- Written by Philip van Doorn in Jupiter, Fla.BAC data by YCharts
Interested in more on Bank of America? See TheStreet Ratings' report card for this stock.
Email. Follow @PhilipvanDoorn
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV