Secondary Endpoint Results in IMPRESS I:
- Improvement from baseline in percentage of global responders and the percentage of composite responders (Intent to Treat analysis) showed statistical significance vs. placebo.
- Improvement from baseline in the PDQ psychological and physical symptoms and IIEF overall satisfaction, showed trends toward improvement vs. placebo.
Secondary Endpoint Results in IMPRESS II:
- Improvement from baseline in percentage of global responders showed statistical significance vs. placebo.
- Improvement from baseline in PDQ psychological and physical symptoms, IIEF overall satisfaction, percentage of composite responders (Intent to Treat analysis), plaque consistency, and penile length showed trends toward improvement vs. placebo.
A post-hoc meta-analysis of both identical IMPRESS studies' co-primary and secondary endpoints is also presented in the manuscript as each IMPRESS study was not individually powered to meet statistical significance for the secondary endpoints. The meta-analysis was performed to increase the statistical power for evaluation of those secondary endpoints. In the meta-analysis, the algorithm for calculating p-values for the co-primary and first family of secondary endpoints was essentially the same as that observed in the two individual studies.
Post-hoc Meta-Analysis – Combination of Identical IMPRESS I and II Studies:
- Co-primary endpoints maintain statistical significance.
- The following secondary endpoints met statistical significance, compared to placebo, based on the multiple comparison algorithm within the meta-analysis:
- Percentage of global responders
- Improvement in Peyronie's disease physical and psychological symptom domain
- Improvement in IIEF overall satisfaction domain
- Percentage of composite responders (ITT analysis)
- Improvement in penile plaque consistency
- Improvement in penile length and penile pain were not statistically different from placebo.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts