A Company Dog In The Office Is Great For Business - From Label Planet Ltd
NANTWICH, Cheshire, England, Feb. 1, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Imagine a dog in your office, running around, chewing cables, biting staff and making an unpleasant smell. Surely only a lunatic from the "we love dogs" brigade would suggest that having a company dog is a good idea. That was our thinking too, but one year on from Harvey's first day at the Label Planet office we have a totally different view. So, what is the right kind of dog, what are the problems, and how exactly does the business benefit?
Not all dogs will do; forget puppies, apart from making a mess they are far too manic and haven't learnt any social wisdom yet. I also would not consider any of the "guard dog" breeds because they may start to take on the role of company security officer. Calmness and intelligence are the key traits to go for; this will probably mean a mature dog, possibly with some Labrador in it.
Some people hate dogs, so if you have key staff who are dog haters and they cannot be kept separate from the dog then it is probably best to avoid getting a dog. Some people are afraid of dogs; well, unless it is a phobia then they will soon realise that the dog is not going to eat them and they may actually benefit more than anybody else from some canine TLC. The dog needs to be the pet of a senior manager or owner, if not then there could be some friction with senior staff (the dog needs friends in high places). Whatever breed, the dog will need to go out for walks, which can be a bit of a pain, but can also give staff a good excuse to have an informal chat while they walk the dog for 15 minutes or so.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV