Cavium (CAVM) is a provider of semiconductor processors that enable processing for networking, communications, storage, wireless, security, video and connected home and office applications. This stock is trading up 7.6% at $36 in recent trading.
Today's Volume: 2.30 million
Average Volume: 952,560Volume % Change: 261% Shares of CAVM are exploding higher today after the company reported stronger-than-expected fourth quarter results, and Stifel Nicolaus increased their price target and maintained their buy rating on the stock. From a technical perspective, CAVM is gapping up sharply here right above its 50-day moving average of $32.7 with monster upside volume. This move is quickly pushing the stock within range of triggering a major breakout trade. That trade will hit if CAVM manages to take out some near-term and past overhead resistance levels at $36 to $36.61 and then $36.67 with high volume. Traders should now look for long-biased trades in CAVM as long as it's trending above today's low of $34.10, and then once it sustains a move or close above those breakout levels with volume that hits near or above 952,560 shares. If that breakout triggers soon, then CAVM will set up to re-test or possibly take out its next major overhead resistance levels at $42 to $45.39. To see more stocks rising on unusual volume, check out the Stocks Rising on Unusual Volume portfolio on Stockpickr. -- Written by Roberto Pedone in Winderemere, Fla.
Twitter and become a fan on Facebook.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV