Auto Products Maker KSM To Locate In NC
SHELBY, N.C. (AP) â¿¿ KSM Castings NC Inc., a German-based maker of light metal casting products for the automotive industry, is establishing its first U.S. plant in North Carolina, creating 189 jobs and investing more than $45 million.
Gov. Pat McCrory and state Commerce Secretary Sharon Decker announced Friday that KSM plans to create the jobs by the end of 2018.
The project was made possible in part by performance-based awards from the state's Job Development Investment Grant program and One North Carolina Fund. Officials said receipt of each award will be based on proof of job creation and other requirements.
KSM Castings produces light metal casting products, including chassis, powertrain and body applications. KSM plans to construct an 110,000 square foot production facility in Shelby which will make fully machined transmission, engine and steering parts.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV