AJC Mourns Edward Koch
NEW YORK, Feb. 1, 2013 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- AJC mourns the passing of former Congressman and Mayor Edward Koch. He was 88 years old.
"One of the most outspoken, personable, effective and energetic New York politicians, Mayor Koch will be sorely missed, yet forever remembered," said AJC Executive Director David Harris.
After serving five terms as a U.S. Congressman, Koch was elected Mayor of New York City.The son of Jewish immigrants from Russia, Koch served in the U.S. armed forces in Germany during World War II. During his tenure in the U.S. House of Representatives, Koch was a fervent supporter of social justice issues, as well as of a robust U.S. foreign policy. As Mayor of New York, his steadfast commitment to, and love of, the city helped lead to its resurgence. Koch was also a tenacious supporter of Israel, regularly visiting the Jewish state, and an outspoken advocate for close U.S.- Israel relations. Moreover, he was active in the movement to gain freedom for Jews in the Soviet Union and was a towering figure in the global fight against anti-Semitism and all forms of racism. " Ed Koch will always be remembered for his effusive and outsized devotion to the people of New York," said Harris. "Mayor Koch often asked people, 'How am I doing?' Looking back over the decades of his distinguished public service, we can honestly say that Ed Koch did just great. We will miss him." SOURCE American Jewish Committee
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV