100th Birthday Of The U.S. Federal Income Tax
The deadline for filing taxes wasn't always April 15. When the 16 th Amendment was first enacted, the deadline was March 1. In 1918 that date was pushed back to March 15, then to April 15 in 1955.
Today, the IRS collects more than $1.2 billion in taxes and processes more than 133 million returns annually. And of course, people still complain about high taxes.
About Enrolled Agents Enrolled agents (EAs) are America's tax experts. They are the only federally-licensed tax practitioners who specialize in taxation and also have unlimited rights to represent taxpayers before the IRS. While attorneys and certified public accountants are also licensed, only Enrolled Agents specialize exclusively in taxes. Enrolled Agents are required to complete many hours of continuing education each year to ensure they are up-to-date on the constantly changing tax code and must abide by a code of ethics. To locate an Enrolled Agent in your area, go to the "Find an EA near you" directory at www.CSEA.org or call (800) 777-2732 for additional information.
About CSEA CSEA is a nonprofit 501(c)(6) organization with approximately 4,000 active Members. It is a professional association dedicated to serving EAs in California and abroad, enabling them to grow, prosper, and lead as The Tax Professionals while serving taxpayers in a dynamic, rapidly changing environment with integrity and trust.Available Topic Expert(s): For information on the listed expert(s), click appropriate link. Jean Nelsen, EAProfNet - http://www.profnetconnect.com/jean_nelsen_ea Lonnie GaryProfNet - http://www.profnetconnect.com/lonniegary/ Kathy Rocha, EAProfNet - http://www.profnetconnect.com/kathy_rocha_ea Kim Kastl, EAProfNet - http://www.profnetconnect.com/kim_kastl_ea SOURCE California Society of Enrolled Agents
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV