News Summary: Rare Good News For Eurozone Economy
By The Associated Press
RARE SIGNS: There were rare hopeful signs for Europe's struggling economy on Friday.
GOOD DATA: Data for the 17 European Union countries that use the euro showed that unemployment was lower than feared in December, there are hopes for some growth in the manufacturing sector, and that inflation unexpectedly fell.
LONG ROAD: The day's news was in sharp contrast to some of the grim days the eurozone has witnessed over the last three years. But no one has any doubt that the eurozone's economy, which is currently stuck in recession, has a long way to go.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV