Another stock that's moving within range of triggering a near-term breakout trade is TeleCommunication Systems (TSYS), which develops and delivers reliable and secure wireless communication technology. This stock has exploded higher during the last six months, with shares up a whopping 84%.
If you look at the chart for TeleCommunication Systems, you'll see that this stock is ripping higher today back above its 50-day moving average of $2.40 a share with monster upside volume. The volume on the day has already registered over 848,000 shares, which is well above its three-month average action of 266,832 shares. This move is quickly pushing shares of TSYS within range of triggering a near-term breakout trade.
Traders should now look for long-biased trades in TSYS once it manages to break out above some near-term overhead resistance levels at $2.65 to $2.70 a share and then once it takes out more resistance at $2.89 to $3.09 a share with high volume. Look for a sustained move or close above those levels with volume that hits near or above its three-month average action of 266,832 shares. If that breakout triggers soon, then TSYS will set up to re-test or possibly take out its next major overhead resistance levels at $4.09 to $4.30 a share. Any high-volume move above $4.30 will then put $5.57 into range for shares of TSYS.Traders can look to buy TSYS off any weakness to anticipate that breakout and simply use a stop that sits right below some key near-term support at $2.17 a share. One can also buy off strength once TSYS takes out those breakout levels with volume and then simply use a stop right below its 50-day moving average of $2.40 a share.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV