Michigan Chamber Of Commerce Announces 2013-2014 Legislative Priorities/Agenda For Job Creation And Economic Growth
LANSING, Mich., Feb. 1, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- The Michigan Chamber of Commerce today announced legislative priorities for 2013-2014. These priorities were developed by the Chamber's policy committees with input from over 500 business leaders from across the state and were unanimously approved on January 23, 2013 by the Michigan Chamber's 84-member Board of Directors.
"The Michigan Chamber represents over 6,400 job providers throughout the state who are strongly committed to moving Michigan forward by advancing this agenda to improve Michigan's economic competitiveness," said Bill Parlberg, Chair of the Michigan Chamber's Board of Directors and President & COO of Zehnder's of Frankenmuth. "The Chamber's legislative priorities for 2013-2014 are intended to focus policy makers' attention on the economic challenges facing our state and to offer pro-jobs solutions."
"Michigan Chamber members and staff are determined to play a constructive role in shaping Michigan's future," noted Michigan Chamber President & CEO Rich Studley. "We are dedicated to a future that includes more and better jobs for Michigan families; more efficient state and local government for taxpayers; and stronger communities with a better quality of life for every resident of our great state."
"Our efforts to move Michigan forward do not end simply by identifying problems," commented Jim Holcomb, Vice President of Business Advocacy & General Counsel for the Michigan Chamber. "Over the next 12-18 months, we will recognize lawmakers who support job creation and business growth and also hold lawmakers accountable who fail to support Michigan's job providers on key economic issues."The Michigan Chamber's 2013-2014 legislative priorities target six high-priority issue areas:
- Encourage transportation investment;
- Protect employer rights in the workplace;
- Advocate market-friendly, consumer-driven health care options;
- Maintain a sound legal climate;
- Reinvent the regulatory system & promote the wise use of natural resources; and
- Further improve our state's tax climate
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV