CHANDLER, Ariz., Feb. 1, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- In 2012, technology solutions made possible by the strength of the Verizon Wireless network helped millions more Americans access preventative healthcare and made one of the largest recyclers in the nation more efficient. School buses outfitted with wireless connections helped students continue learning outside of the school walls and arrive home safely. Businesses kept the lights on and systems running thanks to reliable wireless emergency-backup options. And professional sports teams transformed their on-field and on-court operations using connected tablets.
"Our technology and networks help to make people stronger by delivering powerful solutions for consumers and businesses," said Andres Irlando, region president, Verizon Wireless.
Verizon Wireless invested nearly $135 million during 2012 in Arizona to provide new wireless services; expanding network coverage and capacity for customers across the state. Verizon Wireless' network investment in the Grand Canyon State now totals more than $1.2 billion since 2000.
Nationally, Verizon Wireless has invested more than $80 billion since it was formed to increase the coverage and capacity of its premier nationwide networks and to add new services.As part of its 2012 network investment, Verizon Wireless expanded its 4G LTE network throughout Arizona including:
- Vail, Marana, Saddlebrooke, Nogales, Douglas, Benson and Sierra Vista;
- Casa Grande, Eloy and Coolidge;
- Flagstaff, Williams;
- Prescott, Prescott Valley;
- Sedona, Oak Creek and Cottonwood;
- Payson, Star Valley and Rye.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV