The Duke Energy Business Development Team is a direct result of the Progress Energy Florida merger with Duke Energy. Economic development is crucial to Florida's recovery, and the company is committed to helping boost economic activity.
"The Duke Energy Business Development Team is working hard to help market our Florida service territory nationally and internationally as the right place to do business," said Alex Glenn, state president, Progress Energy Florida. "Since July, the team has extensively visited and analyzed our Florida service territory.
"This early work has already produced results with six new potential companies being referred to us in Florida."
Targeted industries include aviation/aerospace, automotive, bio/life sciences, data centers, food and beverage, general manufacturing and plastics.Ideal candidates for the Site Readiness Program are Progress Energy served industrial sites of 75 acres or more. A qualified site can be either a single site suited for a large industrial facility or a potential industrial park (multi-tenant site). The program includes:
- Initial assessment of industrial sites (existing or potential) from the perspective of a top site-selection consultant, McCallum Sweeney Consulting.
- A more detailed "buildability" assessment and development of conceptual plans for the sites by expert land-use and site planners. HRP Associates will create the FEAT Park buildable study.
- A meeting with the county to present McCallum Sweeney's findings and a detailed final report on the site, including a presentation of the final drawings and conceptual by HRP Associates.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts