ST. PETERSBURG, Fla., Feb. 1, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Progress Energy Florida has selected Lake County's Florida Energy and Aerospace Technology (FEAT) Park as its first Site Readiness location in Florida.
According to Marc Hoenstine, economic development manager for Progress Energy Florida, FEAT Park was chosen after a comprehensive site inventory assessment of more than 60 sites. FEAT Park will be actively marketed to site selectors and corporate decision makers this year.
The Site Readiness Program is the cornerstone of the Duke Energy (NYSE: DUK) Business Development Team's work. It is designed to identify, evaluate, improve and increase awareness of industrial sites in the company's service territory. The goal of the program is to increase the inventory of industrial sites and to advance their state of readiness."This program is a progressive effort toward making communities more competitive and attractive for new industry and jobs. Even more, it's in sync with our strategy for diversifying the state's economy, which involves identifying and promoting communities' marketable attributes for business recruitment," said Florida Secretary of Commerce Gray Swoope, who serves as president and CEO of Enterprise Florida, Inc., the state's principal economic development organization. " Florida as well as Lake County will benefit." "We are always very happy to do business with successful companies like Progress Energy," said Leesburg Mayor David Knowles. "Our property is a blank slate with a lot of great potential. We are looking for ideas and innovation from the Site Readiness Program to help pull it all together and create new development and new jobs." The FEAT site was selected because its proposed use is a clear fit with the company's targeted industries and its size is ideal.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV