Cintas (CTAS) is celebrating today's jobs numbers release.
The uniform rental firm generally ebbs and flows with the health of the jobs market -- and for that reason, revenue has been doing a lot more ebbing than flowing in the past few years. But with unemployment in a clear downtrend, revenue has spent the last several years in a similarly steep uptrend.Cintas leads the market for rental uniforms, providing uniforms for employees at more than 900,000 businesses. From fast food restaurant and hotel employees to factory workers, more than five million people go to work each day wearing Cintas' uniform products. By renting and maintaining uniforms, Cintas' customers save money and effort on their staff's uniform costs, and Cintas has the opportunity to up sell lucrative add-on services. The firm's debt load is easily tenable, and almost $340 million in cash helps to even out any unexpected speedbumps in the firm's business strategy. Right now, the firm pays a 64-cent annual dividend for a 1.51% yield. We've had success calling for a dividend hike in this stock in the past, and now the factors we watch are lining up again. While the announcement may be a couple of quarters away, it's not a bad idea to get in early when stocks are in an uptrend.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV