This account is pending registration confirmation. Please click on the link within the confirmation email previously sent you to complete registration. Need a new registration confirmation email? Click here
1. Romeo & Juliet at the Denver Center for Performing ArtsJanuary 25 – February 24The Stage Theatre, Denver Center for the Performing ArtsYou can't go wrong with the greatest love story ever told, right? Shakespeare's classic play tells the tragic tale of two "star-cross'd lovers," and still packs an emotional wallop more than 400 years after it was first performed.
2. Southwest Rink at Skyline ParkThrough February 14Skyline
Denver, CO Take a whirl on the ice with your sweetheart, right in the heart of downtown
Denver. It's a cheap date, too – if you bring your own skates, the rink is free (and skate rentals are just
3. Orchid Showcase at the Denver Botanic GardensThrough February 241007 York St.,
Denver, COThings are always blooming in this
Denver oasis, a lovely spot for an afternoon rendezvous. More than 200 orchid plants with more than 1,000 blossoms will be surrounded by colorful complimentary foliage plants to provide a dramatic display during the coldest months of winter.
4. Traditional Tea Brown Palace Hotel & Spa321 17th St.,
Denver, CO Experience a touch of elegant, Old World charm at the historic Brown Palace Hotel & Spa. The Traditional Afternoon Tea takes place
between noon and 4 p.m. in the hotel's gorgeous atrium lobby, and includes freshly made scones, pastries and sandwiches and a wide variety of teas.
5. Georgia O'Keeffe in New Mexico at the Denver Art MuseumFebruary 10-April 28100 W. 14th Ave Pkwy,
Denver, CO Spend an afternoon taking in O'Keeffe's beautiful southwestern visions at the Denver Art Museum. These rarely seen masterpieces were inspired by katsina tithu (carved and painted representations of Hopi spirit beings).
6. Green Russell1422 Larimer St.,
Denver, CO Steal away to a speakeasy in
Larimer Square. Located behind the "front" of a pie shop, Green Russell offers handcrafted, artisanal cocktails in an intimate, 1920s-inspired space.
7. Peaks Lounge at Hyatt Regency650 15th St.,
Denver, CO Located on the 27
th floor of the Hyatt Regency Denver, this one-of-a-kind spot offers swoon-inducing views of the Rocky Mountains and downtown, along with 40 wines by the glass and a menu of appetizers and desserts.
8. D-Bar Desserts1475 E. 17
Denver, CO Does your sweetie have a sweet tooth? This upscale dessert and wine bar, owned by
Keegan Gerhard, one of the nation's top pastry chefs, is just the ticket, with a menu filled with sinful treats like Cake and Shake (3-layer chocolate cake, manjari frosting, and a vanilla or chocolate milk shake or malt) or a Chocolate & Hazelnut Sitting in a Tree (chocolate souffle, chocolate sauce, Nutella beignets, and praline ice cream). Need we say more?
9. Dive Lounge at the Downtown Aquarium700 Water St.,
Denver, CO It's not 20,000 leagues under the sea, but it'll do. A posh getaway in a truly unique setting, the Dive Lounge is located on the first floor of
Denver's Downtown Aquarium, offering the chance to sip cocktails with your sweetheart while surrounded by beautiful marine life.
10. Couples Massage at the Ritz-Carlton Denver1881 Curtis St.,
Denver, CO Unwind together! The Ritz-Carlton's Reconnection Falls treatment offers relaxation with your partner in a luxurious couples suite.
11. Valentine's Day 5KFebruary 10Washington Park,
Denver, CO Couples who run together have fun together! This race will get your pulses racing – literally – during a 5K trek around the scenic Washington Park neighborhood. Registration is just
$30 and all proceeds help fight cancer.
12. Lannie Garrett's Valentine Show: "Takin' A Chance On Love"February 141601 Arapahoe St.,
Denver, CO A swingin'
Lannie Garrett and her quintet, The Errand Boys of Rhythm, will perform a special Valentine concert, featuring love songs for you and your honey. Located beneath the famed D&F Clocktower in downtown
Denver, Lannie's is one of the city's most romantic venues.
13. Cruise Room at the Oxford Hotel1600 17
Denver, COOne of the most hidden and romantic downtown
Denver bars, the art deco-style Cruise Room was modeled after one of the lounges on the legendary
Queen Mary, with original chrome and neon creating an unparalleled atmosphere. Order a drink from the classic cocktail menu or enjoy a handmade martini.
14. Infinite Monkey Theorem Wine Tour 3200 Larimer St.,
Denver, CO Is your Valentine a wine lover? Then show him or her how
Denver wine is made! If you've never experienced an urban winery before, there's much to see, lots to learn, and there's a lot to taste. This tour guides you through a flight of palate-pleasing Infinite Monkey wines. And if you decide to purchase wine while you're here, the tour is free.
15. Culinary Date Night at Cook Street School of Culinary ArtsFebruary 13-15, 221937 Market St.,
Denver, CO Spice up your love life with an evening that's guaranteed to stir up more than just delicious dishes! Take date night to new heights with a cooking class that's perfect for pairs. Two glasses of wine (one white and one red) are included with the meal.
16. Most Romantic Classics with the Colorado SymphonyFebruary 141000 14th St.,
Denver, CO The perfect date night soundtrack! Enjoy classic, classical love songs and romantic works in the acoustically perfect Boettcher Concert Hall.
17. Pinnacle Club at the Grand Hyatt1750 Welton St.
Denver, CO One of the most awe-inspiring spots in The Mile High City, the Pinnacle Club is located on the 37
th floor of this downtown hotel. Enjoy food and drink while taking in the entire Rocky Mountain Front Range with the city skyline in the foreground, through floor-to-ceiling windows. Gentlemen, this would be a good place to pop a certain question. Just saying!
18. Colorado Garden & Home ShowFebruary 9-17Colorado Convention Center,
Denver, COIf you're planning on moving in with that special someone, this is the event for you. Discover the Rocky Mountain region's oldest, largest and most prestigious garden and home show – a nine-day spectacular event – where you can find inspiration from the latest ideas and trends in landscaping, gardening and home improvement.
19. Cupid's Arrow at Su TeatroFebruary 10721 Santa Fe Dr.,
Denver, CO This Valentine's themed show takes a vivid look at the emotional roller coaster of romantic love as expressed in both poetry and prose, with readings by some of the city's best actors.
20. Jekyll & Hyde at the Denver Center for the Performing ArtsJanuary 29-February 10The Buell Theatre, Denver Center for the Performing ArtsA darkly romantic (think
Phantom of the Opera) adaptation of
Robert Louis Stevenson's classic tale of horror, this bound-for-Broadway musical is brought to thrilling, chilling new life by
Constantine Maroulis ("American Idol") and Grammy-nominee
21. Downtown Horse & Carriage Ride16
th Street Mall,
Denver, CO Take a quintessential romantic ride through downtown
Denver. Sit up high snuggled under a blanket in a Cinderella carriage drawn by magnificent draft horses. As you slowly clip-clop along the streets, you'll get a different perspective of the sights and lights of downtown
Denver. There are various pick-up points along the 16
th Street Mall.
22. Chocolate Class at the Four Seasons Hotel DenverFeb. 10EDGE Restaurant & Bar, 1111 14th St.,
Denver, COBring your sweetheart to one of the city's top restaurants for a Valentine Chocolate Class from
2 to 4 p.m. where Executive Pastry Chef
Christopher Jordan teaches lovebirds how to make their own chocolate dipped strawberry marshmallows, chocolate hazelnut truffles, and hot chocolate puddings with quick candied peanuts. Guests take home the finished products. To reserve a spot, contact EDGE at 303-389-3343.
23. Howl At The Moon Piano Bar1735 19th St.,
Denver, CO Want to sing your heart out? Located in the heart of lower downtown, this high-energy dueling piano bar provides live music centered on audience participation. Come sing, dance and howl.
24. Salsa Dancing Lessons at the D-NoteSundays, 8 p.m.7519 Grandview Ave.,
Arvada, CO Spice things up with a Sunday night Salsa dancing lesson at this classy pizza joint in Olde Town Arvada. All skill levels are welcome!
25. DeVotchKa at the Paramount TheatreFebruary 141621 Glenarm Pl.,
Denver, CODenver's own DeVotchKa bring their unmistakable brand of theatrical rock to downtown's beautiful Paramount Theatre for a concert benefiting Bonfils Blood Center.
DENVER, The Convention & Visitors Bureau