25 Ultra-Romantic Date Ideas In Denver -- Just In Time For A Valentine's Day Weekend!
DENVER, Feb. 1, 2013 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Turn up the romance this year with music, theatre, cocktails and only-in- Denver activities. Make the most of Valentine's Day weekend with a romantic hotel package from more than 20 participating metro Denver hotels.
1. Romeo & Juliet at the Denver Center for Performing Arts January 25 – February 24 The Stage Theatre, Denver Center for the Performing ArtsYou can't go wrong with the greatest love story ever told, right? Shakespeare's classic play tells the tragic tale of two "star-cross'd lovers," and still packs an emotional wallop more than 400 years after it was first performed.
2. Southwest Rink at Skyline Park Through February 14 Skyline Park, Denver, CO Take a whirl on the ice with your sweetheart, right in the heart of downtown Denver. It's a cheap date, too – if you bring your own skates, the rink is free (and skate rentals are just $2).3. Orchid Showcase at the Denver Botanic Gardens Through February 24 1007 York St., Denver, COThings are always blooming in this Denver oasis, a lovely spot for an afternoon rendezvous. More than 200 orchid plants with more than 1,000 blossoms will be surrounded by colorful complimentary foliage plants to provide a dramatic display during the coldest months of winter. 4. Traditional Tea Brown Palace Hotel & Spa 321 17th St., Denver, CO Experience a touch of elegant, Old World charm at the historic Brown Palace Hotel & Spa. The Traditional Afternoon Tea takes place between noon and 4 p.m. in the hotel's gorgeous atrium lobby, and includes freshly made scones, pastries and sandwiches and a wide variety of teas. 5. Georgia O'Keeffe in New Mexico at the Denver Art Museum February 10-April 28 100 W. 14th Ave Pkwy, Denver, CO Spend an afternoon taking in O'Keeffe's beautiful southwestern visions at the Denver Art Museum. These rarely seen masterpieces were inspired by katsina tithu (carved and painted representations of Hopi spirit beings). 6. Green Russell 1422 Larimer St., Denver, CO Steal away to a speakeasy in Denver's posh Larimer Square. Located behind the "front" of a pie shop, Green Russell offers handcrafted, artisanal cocktails in an intimate, 1920s-inspired space. 7. Peaks Lounge at Hyatt Regency 650 15th St., Denver, CO Located on the 27 th floor of the Hyatt Regency Denver, this one-of-a-kind spot offers swoon-inducing views of the Rocky Mountains and downtown, along with 40 wines by the glass and a menu of appetizers and desserts. 8. D-Bar Desserts 1475 E. 17 th Ave., Denver, CO Does your sweetie have a sweet tooth? This upscale dessert and wine bar, owned by Keegan Gerhard, one of the nation's top pastry chefs, is just the ticket, with a menu filled with sinful treats like Cake and Shake (3-layer chocolate cake, manjari frosting, and a vanilla or chocolate milk shake or malt) or a Chocolate & Hazelnut Sitting in a Tree (chocolate souffle, chocolate sauce, Nutella beignets, and praline ice cream). Need we say more? 9. Dive Lounge at the Downtown Aquarium 700 Water St., Denver, CO It's not 20,000 leagues under the sea, but it'll do. A posh getaway in a truly unique setting, the Dive Lounge is located on the first floor of Denver's Downtown Aquarium, offering the chance to sip cocktails with your sweetheart while surrounded by beautiful marine life. 10. Couples Massage at the Ritz-Carlton Denver 1881 Curtis St., Denver, CO Unwind together! The Ritz-Carlton's Reconnection Falls treatment offers relaxation with your partner in a luxurious couples suite. 11. Valentine's Day 5K February 10 Washington Park, Denver, CO Couples who run together have fun together! This race will get your pulses racing – literally – during a 5K trek around the scenic Washington Park neighborhood. Registration is just $30 and all proceeds help fight cancer. 12. Lannie Garrett's Valentine Show: "Takin' A Chance On Love" February 14 1601 Arapahoe St., Denver, CO A swingin' Valentine's Day! Lannie Garrett and her quintet, The Errand Boys of Rhythm, will perform a special Valentine concert, featuring love songs for you and your honey. Located beneath the famed D&F Clocktower in downtown Denver, Lannie's is one of the city's most romantic venues. 13. Cruise Room at the Oxford Hotel 1600 17 th St., Denver, COOne of the most hidden and romantic downtown Denver bars, the art deco-style Cruise Room was modeled after one of the lounges on the legendary Queen Mary, with original chrome and neon creating an unparalleled atmosphere. Order a drink from the classic cocktail menu or enjoy a handmade martini. 14. Infinite Monkey Theorem Wine Tour 3200 Larimer St., Denver, CO Is your Valentine a wine lover? Then show him or her how Denver wine is made! If you've never experienced an urban winery before, there's much to see, lots to learn, and there's a lot to taste. This tour guides you through a flight of palate-pleasing Infinite Monkey wines. And if you decide to purchase wine while you're here, the tour is free. 15. Culinary Date Night at Cook Street School of Culinary Arts February 13-15, 221937 Market St., Denver, CO Spice up your love life with an evening that's guaranteed to stir up more than just delicious dishes! Take date night to new heights with a cooking class that's perfect for pairs. Two glasses of wine (one white and one red) are included with the meal. 16. Most Romantic Classics with the Colorado Symphony February 14 1000 14th St., Denver, CO The perfect date night soundtrack! Enjoy classic, classical love songs and romantic works in the acoustically perfect Boettcher Concert Hall. 17. Pinnacle Club at the Grand Hyatt 1750 Welton St. Denver, CO One of the most awe-inspiring spots in The Mile High City, the Pinnacle Club is located on the 37 th floor of this downtown hotel. Enjoy food and drink while taking in the entire Rocky Mountain Front Range with the city skyline in the foreground, through floor-to-ceiling windows. Gentlemen, this would be a good place to pop a certain question. Just saying! 18. Colorado Garden & Home Show February 9-17 Colorado Convention Center, Denver, COIf you're planning on moving in with that special someone, this is the event for you. Discover the Rocky Mountain region's oldest, largest and most prestigious garden and home show – a nine-day spectacular event – where you can find inspiration from the latest ideas and trends in landscaping, gardening and home improvement. 19. Cupid's Arrow at Su Teatro February 10 721 Santa Fe Dr., Denver, CO This Valentine's themed show takes a vivid look at the emotional roller coaster of romantic love as expressed in both poetry and prose, with readings by some of the city's best actors. 20. Jekyll & Hyde at the Denver Center for the Performing Arts January 29-February 10 The Buell Theatre, Denver Center for the Performing ArtsA darkly romantic (think Phantom of the Opera) adaptation of Robert Louis Stevenson's classic tale of horror, this bound-for-Broadway musical is brought to thrilling, chilling new life by Constantine Maroulis ("American Idol") and Grammy-nominee Deborah Cox. 21. Downtown Horse & Carriage Ride 16 th Street Mall, Denver, CO Take a quintessential romantic ride through downtown Denver. Sit up high snuggled under a blanket in a Cinderella carriage drawn by magnificent draft horses. As you slowly clip-clop along the streets, you'll get a different perspective of the sights and lights of downtown Denver. There are various pick-up points along the 16 th Street Mall. 22. Chocolate Class at the Four Seasons Hotel Denver Feb. 10 EDGE Restaurant & Bar, 1111 14th St., Denver, COBring your sweetheart to one of the city's top restaurants for a Valentine Chocolate Class from 2 to 4 p.m. where Executive Pastry Chef Christopher Jordan teaches lovebirds how to make their own chocolate dipped strawberry marshmallows, chocolate hazelnut truffles, and hot chocolate puddings with quick candied peanuts. Guests take home the finished products. To reserve a spot, contact EDGE at 303-389-3343. 23. Howl At The Moon Piano Bar 1735 19th St., Denver, CO Want to sing your heart out? Located in the heart of lower downtown, this high-energy dueling piano bar provides live music centered on audience participation. Come sing, dance and howl. 24. Salsa Dancing Lessons at the D-Note Sundays, 8 p.m. 7519 Grandview Ave., Arvada, CO Spice things up with a Sunday night Salsa dancing lesson at this classy pizza joint in Olde Town Arvada. All skill levels are welcome! 25. DeVotchKa at the Paramount Theatre February 14 1621 Glenarm Pl., Denver, CO Denver's own DeVotchKa bring their unmistakable brand of theatrical rock to downtown's beautiful Paramount Theatre for a concert benefiting Bonfils Blood Center. CONTACT: Katie Converse1-303-571-9418 email@example.com SOURCE VISIT DENVER, The Convention & Visitors Bureau
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV