February 1, 2013
CP+ 2013 - a
Comprehensive International Camera and Photo Imaging Trade Show - Draws Attention to the Powers of Photography through Product and Photo Exhibitions as well as a Wide Range of Events
The Camera & Imaging Products Association (CIPA) commenced its CP+2013 Camera & Photo Imaging Show, a comprehensive camera and photo imaging show, on
. The event will be held for four days until
February 3rd, 2013
. More new products are introduced at CP+ than at any other imaging trade show in the world, and imaging technology is considered one of
last manufacturing strongholds. With the theme "Connecting the World, Expanding the Limits of Photo Imaging," the 2013 event calls attention to the powers of photography through four days of product and photo exhibitions and a wide range of events that showcase the joys of shooting, viewing, and connecting pictures via new media such as the Internet and various devices, with people. The features of CP+ 2013 Camera & Photo Imaging Show include:
30th anniversary celebration of "Camera Grand Prix"
- Camera Grand Prix, one of Japan's most famous photo contests, is commemorating its 30th anniversary this year. To celebrate this anniversary, Camera Grand Prix is hosting "Camera Progress over 30 Years of the Grand Prix," where former judges discuss the history of the Grand Prix and exhibit former Grand Prix winning photos.
New trend in single-lens camera video shooting
- Many exhibitors will highlight single-lens cameras with high precision lenses that take beautiful videos enhanced by focus and de-blurring features, which are not even available on conventional video cameras.
Exhibition of digital cameras with increasing range of functions
- High definition movie function, OS installed, color variation for female users, and high-end compact cameras are just some of the industry advances that will be on display at CP+.
Collaboration with the Photo Yokohama event and Yokohama Museum of Art
- CP+2013 is working with "Photo Yokohama", the photo event movement organized by Yokohama City, and one of its exhibitions, "Two Photographers: Robert Capa / Gerda Taro Retrospective," which is currently on display at the Yokohama Museum of Art.
Showcasing the photography world's newest events
- CP+2013 is holding various new and unique events such as "ONAEBA SPACE," a large-scale photography exhibition with approximately 200 participating photographers; "PHOTOGRAPHERS SUMMIT," an experimental live photo show that offers attendees the opportunity to experience various state-of-the-art photographic expressions including slide shows, portfolios and unique art books; and "OPEN SHOW CP+2013," an international photo slide show event held in 26 cities across 17 countries simultaneously.
Additionally, CP+2013 is holding various seminars for the first time including "Video Seminar for Professionals," aimed at teaching professionals about the production process and philosophy, and the "Japan Advertisement Photographer's Association (APA)" seminar, which provides actual production case studies from professionals' viewpoints.