Harper Government Launches The Canada Day Challenge
OTTAWA, Feb. 1, 2013 /CNW/ - The Honourable James Moore, Minister of Canadian Heritage and Official Languages, today launched the inaugural Canada Day Challenge (formerly known as the Canada Day Poster Challenge). This national competition encourages young Canadians aged 8 to 18 to demonstrate their artistic and creative talent and to express what Canada means to them.
"The Canada Day Challenge gives today's youth an opportunity to express themselves on the subject of Canada's history, culture, and identity," added Minister Moore. "The contest will also help young people learn more about our country and celebrate Canada."
Under the theme " Canada: Strong and Free," the Canada Day Challenge is inviting young Canadians to illustrate how the people, places, and events of the past have shaped our country and to show their pride in being Canadian by entering in any or all of the following three categories:
- Draw It! Send in a drawing, painting, or sketch.
- Snap It! Submit an original photo taken with a digital camera or smartphone.
- Write It! Submit a literary creation in the form of a short story, poem, or essay.
"Our Government is proud to invest in projects that contribute to our collective identity and define who we are as Canadians," said Minister Moore. "On the road to Canada's 150 th birthday in 2017, let us celebrate all the things that make Canada the united, strong and free country we are today." Entries will be accepted from February 1 to March 22, 2013. Winners of the Canada Day Challenge will be announced in spring 2013. The winning entries will be on display at the Canadian Museum of Civilization from June to September 2013, and will be part of the design of the official poster for the 2013 Celebrate Canada festivities. One national winner and two finalists will be selected in each category. Prizes will be presented to the three national winners and six finalists by the 2013 Canada Day Challenge sponsors: the National Capital Commission, Encounters with Canada, the Trans Canada Trail, Canada Post, the Canadian Museum of Civilization, the Royal Canadian Mint, and Parks Canada. Canada Day Challenge contest rules and entry forms are available at www.challenge.pch.gc.ca. SOURCE Canadian Heritage
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV