Pennsylvanians Choose Monongahela As 2013 River Of The Year
The Monongahela River is the western boundary of the Laurel Highlands Conservation Landscape Initiative. Led by DCNR, the Pennsylvania Environmental Council and others, the initiative seeks to protect the unique character of the Laurel Highlands and recognize its communities as world-class heritage/recreation destinations as well as desirable places to work and live.
Six communities along the Monongahela River are participating in the Pennsylvania Environment Council's River Town Program. This program assists distressed communities bordering a navigable river to develop an alternative economic engine, outdoor recreation, to aid in community revitalization.
Several events throughout the year will celebrate the Monongahela River's designation, including a sojourn offering canoeists, kayakers and other paddlers a chance to experience life on the river and encourage greater understanding of its challenges and potential.
The Monongahela River also will be celebrated with an annual Rivers Month poster issued in June.Pennsylvania's River of the Year honors have been presented annually since 1983. For more sojourn event information, visit www.pawatersheds.org or contact Josh Karns at firstname.lastname@example.org. To learn more about DCNR's Rivers Program, visit www.dcnr.state.pa.us/brc/conservation/rivers/index.htm. Media contact: Terry Brady, 717-772-9101 SOURCE Pennsylvania Department of Conservation and Natural Resources
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV