- Canadian NHL teams and the National Hockey League announce Hockey Talks to create national conversation about mental health and wellness
- Bell Let's Talk Day is February 12, please visit Bell.ca/LetsTalk
MONTREAL, Feb. 1, 2013 /CNW Telbec/ - Bell congratulates the Canadian NHL clubs for their outstanding support and leadership in helping to increase awareness about mental health during the month of February with the newly launched Hockey Talks.
Hockey Talks is a month-long initiative to create a national conversation and increase awareness about mental health and wellness. All 7 Canadian NHL teams - Calgary Flames, Edmonton Oilers, Montréal Canadiens, Ottawa Senators, Toronto Maple Leafs, Vancouver Canucks and Winnipeg Jets - are lending their support by dedicating a game night in each respective city to Hockey Talks. The objective of Hockey Talks is to shine a spotlight on mental illness and the stigma that is still attached to it today.
"Bell is delighted that the Canadian NHL clubs and the League have teamed up to lend their voices to the conversation about mental health," said Mary Deacon, Chair of the Bell Let's Talk mental health initiative. "Mental illness affects 1 in 5 Canadians and every day 500,000 Canadians miss work due to this often invisible illness. This cooperative effort is key to increasing awareness, acceptance and action for those who struggle with mental illness."
Throughout February, Bell will be partnering with the Toronto Maple Leafs, the Montréal Canadiens and the Ottawa Senators to promote mental health and help build awareness amongst hockey fans. The Bell Let's Talk mental health initiative will be featured during the following Hockey Talks game nights:
- February 2 - Toronto Maple Leafs vs. Boston Bruins
- February 6 - Montréal Canadiens vs. Boston Bruins
- February 23 - Ottawa Senators vs. Toronto Maple Leafs - Bell Hockey Talks Mental Health Awareness night in support of DIFD
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV