UPS (NYSE: UPS) today released highlights of another year of strong corporate support for communities around the world in 2012. With more than $97.5 million in cumulative donations, the company also exceeded previous records for the overall volunteer hours documented by employees worldwide and the number of organizations served. Additionally, UPS continues to be one of United Way’s largest contributors, donating more than $55 million in 2012 and stands alone in contributing more than $1 billion to the United Way over the past 30 years.
“We combine our philanthropy with the volunteer spirit and skills of UPS employees worldwide to create a unique and powerful way to positively impact and help save lives in our global communities,” said Eduardo Martinez, president of The UPS Foundation. “We are proud to give to a diverse array of programs, causes and organizations that reflect our values, strengths and the immediate needs of our communities – and we do so in a significant way.”
Established in 1951, The UPS Foundation leads UPS’s corporate citizenship programs and is responsible for facilitating the company’s involvement with local, national and global communities. Throughout the year, The UPS Foundation invests time and financial support around four pillars that align with the company’s corporate values and business expertise – community safety, diversity, environmental sustainability and volunteerism.
Highlights from this year’s corporate citizenship efforts include:
- $97.5 million in cumulative charitable giving for the year
- $55 million contributed for United Way
- $10 million donated for various international grants, sponsorships and programs
- $9.4 million in local grants across the U.S.
- More than 1.8 million volunteer hours recorded by employees worldwide
- 4,404 non-profit organizations served globally
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV