Exxon Mobil Corporation (NYSE:XOM):
|Fourth Quarter||Twelve Months|
Earnings Excluding Special Items 1
|$ Per Common Share|
|$ Per Common Share|
|Capital and Exploration|
|Expenditures - $ Millions||12,443||10,019||24||39,799||36,766||8|
1 See Reference to Earnings
EXXONMOBIL'S CHAIRMAN REX W. TILLERSON COMMENTED :
“Energy is fundamental to economic growth and improved living standards. ExxonMobil’s strong financial performance enables continued investment in new energy supplies, which creates jobs and supports economic expansion.
“Fourth quarter 2012 earnings were over $9.9 billion, up 6% from the fourth quarter of 2011. Full year 2012 earnings were $44.9 billion, up 9% from 2011, with record earnings per share of $9.70.“Capital and exploration expenditures were a record $39.8 billion in 2012 as we continue pursuing opportunities to find and produce new supplies of oil and natural gas to meet global demand for energy. “In 2012, the Corporation distributed over $30 billion to shareholders through dividends and share purchases to reduce shares outstanding.” FOURTH QUARTER HIGHLIGHTS
- Earnings of $9,950 million increased $550 million or 6% from the fourth quarter of 2011.
- Earnings per share (assuming dilution) were $2.20, an increase of 12% from the fourth quarter of 2011.
- Gains from asset sales in the fourth quarter of 2012 were nearly $600 million, down $800 million from the prior year.
- LIFO inventory gains were over $300 million for the fourth quarter of 2012, similar to the 2011 level.
- Capital and exploration expenditures were $12.4 billion, up 24% from the fourth quarter of 2011.
- Oil-equivalent production decreased 5% from the fourth quarter of 2011. Excluding the impacts of entitlement volumes, OPEC quota effects and divestments, production decreased 2%.
- Cash flow from operations and asset sales was $14.0 billion, including proceeds associated with asset sales of $0.8 billion.
- Share purchases to reduce shares outstanding were $5 billion.
- Dividends per share of $0.57 increased 21% compared to the fourth quarter of 2011.
- ExxonMobil commenced start-up operations at one of the world’s largest ethylene steam crackers, the centerpiece of the company’s multi-billion dollar expansion at its Singapore petrochemical complex. Powered by a new 220-megawatt cogeneration plant, the expansion adds 2.6 million tonnes per year of new finished product capacity.
- As announced on January 4, 2013, ExxonMobil will develop the Hebron oil field offshore the Canadian province of Newfoundland and Labrador using a gravity-based structure that will recover more than 700 million barrels of oil, an increase versus earlier estimates. Capital cost for the project, which is expected to begin oil production around the end of 2017, is estimated at $14 billion. The platform is being designed for daily production of 150,000 barrels of oil.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV