McClone Acquires Burkart-Heisdorf Insurance Agency
MENASHA, Wis., Feb. 1, 2013 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Two of Wisconsin's most-respected independent insurance agencies have joined forces with the acquisition of Burkart-Heisdorf Insurance Agency Inc. by McClone. The acquisition was completed December 31, 2012.
McClone, founded in 1949, is a third-generation family company that helps companies and individuals drive down their risk. With office locations in the Fox Valley, Oshkosh, Fond du Lac, and Milwaukee markets in Wisconsin, McClone has more than 70 employees. McClone's core purpose is "to make a difference in the communities we serve."
Burkart-Heisdorf, founded in 1916, has a main office in Sheboygan as well as locations in Mount Horeb and Green Lake, Wisconsin. The full lines insurance agency employs over 40 in its three locations.
The agencies' cultural similarities made the acquisition a natural fit, according to Mike McClone, CEO of McClone. "When we started looking at the synergy between our organizations, the similarities were uncanny. If you look at the organizations' values and guiding principles, it is easy to see how this deal could be described as a 'perfect fit.'"Andrew Burkart, president of Burkart-Heisdorf, commented: "We saw the opportunity to be acquired by McClone as a real win for both organizations. We have shared many product markets while having very little geographic overlap. But more important, the overall vision and alignment of helping our mutual customers with the finest in professional and ethically-guided risk-management services was paramount in making this deal work." McClone added: "This is a strategic acquisition that will allow our customers and combined organizations access to expanded carrier relationships, special market focus programs and, most important, the resources of a very talented group of people."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV