YourTango.com Declares February 13th The Third Annual "Break Up With Your Ex" Day
NEW YORK, Feb. 1, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- A new survey* from YourTango.com—the digital leader in love and relationships—reveals that 67 percent of readers—including 46 percent of married users—think about their exes too much. A whopping 80 percent of respondents want to stop thinking about their exes altogether.
Cutting ties post-breakup is harder than ever given the digital connections we increasingly forge. Respondents agree "his/her online presence (on Facebook, Twitter, etc.)" is one of the top three triggers of unwanted memories, following seeing an ex and hearing a reminiscent song.
The problem? Nearly half of respondents say that attachment to their exes interferes with their current relationships or prevents them from finding new love.
That's why YourTango has kicked off the third annual "Break Up With Your Ex" campaign, culminating on February 13th. YourTango encourages people to cut ties with their exes, both online and off, and offers an abundance of assistance to do so."In 2011, YourTango discovered that most people had ex-attachments, so we launched Break Up With Your Ex to help," says YourTango CEO, Andrea Miller. "Two years later, our new research reveals people need help more than ever. This year we are also encouraging people to 'forget their type' and try something new. Whether it's dating a different kind of person or adopting new ways to meet other singles, YourTango endeavors to help users detach and enjoy new, successful relationships." Additional findings include:
- 51% of respondents say they unfriend exes on Facebook (up from 41% who reported doing so in 2011)
- Cheating/betrayal and communication issues were the top two causes of breakups
- 44% agree starting a new relationship is most effective in an ex-detachment
- 33% have had sex with their ex after breaking up
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV