- Net sales increased 8.9% to $168.6 million from $154.9 million in the second quarter of fiscal 2012. Sales growth consisted of 8.5% from the Company’s acquisition of Meder electronic and 0.5% organic growth offset by 0.1% of unfavorable foreign exchange.
- Income from operations was $16.3 million compared with $14.4 million in the second quarter of fiscal 2012. Operating income for the second quarter of 2013 included, pre-tax, $1.0 million of restructuring charges and acquisition-related costs of $0.1 million. The second quarter of 2012 included, pre-tax, $0.7 million of restructuring charges. Excluding these items from both periods, the Company reported non-GAAP second-quarter fiscal 2013 operating income of $17.3 million compared with $15.1 million in the year-earlier quarter, an increase of 15.0%.
- Net income from continuing operations was $11.0 million, or $0.86 per diluted share, including, after tax, $0.6 million of restructuring charges. This compares with second quarter 2012 net income from continuing operations of $10.1 million, or $0.79 per diluted share, which included, after tax, $0.5 million of restructuring charges. Excluding the aforementioned items from both periods, non-GAAP net income from continuing operations increased 11.3% to $11.7 million, or $0.92 per diluted share, from $10.5 million, or $0.83 per diluted share, in the second quarter of fiscal 2012.
- EBITDA (earnings before interest, income taxes, depreciation and amortization) was $20.4 million compared with $17.7 million in the second quarter of fiscal 2012. Excluding the previously mentioned items from both periods, EBITDA increased 16.5% to $21.4 million from $18.4 million in the second quarter of fiscal 2012.
- Net working capital (defined as accounts receivable plus inventories less accounts payable) was $129.9 million at the end of the second quarter of 2013, compared with $116.4 million a year earlier. Working capital turns were 5.2 for the second quarter of fiscal 2013, compared with 5.3 turns in the second quarter of fiscal 2012.
- The Company’s net debt (defined as short-term debt plus long-term debt less cash) of $28.9 million compares with net debt of $35.0 million at September 30, 2012.
Standex Reports 9% Sales Growth In Second Quarter Fiscal 2013
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
Our options trading pros provide over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.