- Net sales increased 8.9% to $168.6 million from $154.9 million in the second quarter of fiscal 2012. Sales growth consisted of 8.5% from the Company’s acquisition of Meder electronic and 0.5% organic growth offset by 0.1% of unfavorable foreign exchange.
- Income from operations was $16.3 million compared with $14.4 million in the second quarter of fiscal 2012. Operating income for the second quarter of 2013 included, pre-tax, $1.0 million of restructuring charges and acquisition-related costs of $0.1 million. The second quarter of 2012 included, pre-tax, $0.7 million of restructuring charges. Excluding these items from both periods, the Company reported non-GAAP second-quarter fiscal 2013 operating income of $17.3 million compared with $15.1 million in the year-earlier quarter, an increase of 15.0%.
- Net income from continuing operations was $11.0 million, or $0.86 per diluted share, including, after tax, $0.6 million of restructuring charges. This compares with second quarter 2012 net income from continuing operations of $10.1 million, or $0.79 per diluted share, which included, after tax, $0.5 million of restructuring charges. Excluding the aforementioned items from both periods, non-GAAP net income from continuing operations increased 11.3% to $11.7 million, or $0.92 per diluted share, from $10.5 million, or $0.83 per diluted share, in the second quarter of fiscal 2012.
- EBITDA (earnings before interest, income taxes, depreciation and amortization) was $20.4 million compared with $17.7 million in the second quarter of fiscal 2012. Excluding the previously mentioned items from both periods, EBITDA increased 16.5% to $21.4 million from $18.4 million in the second quarter of fiscal 2012.
- Net working capital (defined as accounts receivable plus inventories less accounts payable) was $129.9 million at the end of the second quarter of 2013, compared with $116.4 million a year earlier. Working capital turns were 5.2 for the second quarter of fiscal 2013, compared with 5.3 turns in the second quarter of fiscal 2012.
- The Company’s net debt (defined as short-term debt plus long-term debt less cash) of $28.9 million compares with net debt of $35.0 million at September 30, 2012.
Standex Reports 9% Sales Growth In Second Quarter Fiscal 2013
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts