RICHMOND, Va., Feb. 1, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Union First Market Bankshares Corporation has declared a quarterly dividend of $0.13 per share. The dividend amount represents an 8% increase over the previous quarterly dividend rate, and an 86% increase over the dividend rate for the same quarter last year.
Fourth quarter net income available to common shareholders was $9.4 million or $0.37 per fully diluted share, compared to $9.6 million or $0.37 per share, in the third quarter and $7.3 million or $0.28 per share, for the fourth quarter last year. Net income available to common shareholders in the prior year included a deduction for preferred stock dividends and discount accretion.
Based on the stock's closing price of $17.48 on January 31, 2013, the dividend yield is approximately 3.0%. The dividend is payable on March 1, 2013 to shareholders of record as of February 15, 2013.ABOUT UNION FIRST MARKET BANKSHARES CORPORATION Headquartered in Richmond, Virginia, Union First Market Bankshares Corporation (NASDAQ: UBSH) is the holding company for Union First Market Bank, which has 90 branches and more than 150 ATMs throughout Virginia. Non-bank affiliates of the holding company include: Union Investment Services, Inc., which provides full brokerage services; Union Mortgage Group, Inc., which provides a full line of mortgage products; and Union Insurance Group, LLC, which offers various lines of insurance products. Union First Market Bank also owns a non-controlling interest in Johnson Mortgage Company, L.L.C. Additional information on the Company is available at http://investors.bankatunion.com SOURCE Union First Market Bankshares Corporation
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV