The average sales price for crude oil and natural gas liquids in the 2012 fourth quarter was $100 per barrel, compared with $101 a year earlier. The average price of natural gas was $5.97 per thousand cubic feet, up from $5.55 in last year’s fourth quarter.
Net oil-equivalent production of 1.99 million barrels per day in the fourth quarter 2012 increased 14,000 barrels per day from a year ago. Production increases from project ramp-ups in Nigeria and Thailand and higher cost recovery volumes in Bangladesh were partially offset by the continued shut-in of the Frade Field in Brazil. The net liquids component of oil-equivalent production decreased 3 percent to 1.33 million barrels per day, while net natural gas production increased 8 percent to 3.96 billion cubic feet per day.
|Millions of Dollars||2012||2011||2012||2011|
U.S. downstream operations earned $331 million in the fourth quarter 2012, compared with a loss of $204 million a year earlier. The increase was due to improved margins on refined products and higher earnings from the 50 percent-owned Chevron Phillips Chemical Company LLC.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV