The company’s average sales price per barrel of crude oil and natural gas liquids was $91 in the fourth quarter 2012, down from $101 a year ago. The average sales price of natural gas was $3.22 per thousand cubic feet, compared with $3.62 in last year’s fourth quarter.
Net oil-equivalent production of 674,000 barrels per day in the fourth quarter 2012 increased 13,000 barrels per day, or 2 percent, from a year earlier. The increase in production was primarily due to further ramp-up of projects in the Gulf of Mexico and the recently-acquired Delaware Basin properties, partially offset by an absence of volumes associated with Cook Inlet, Alaska, assets sold in 2011. The net liquids component of oil-equivalent production increased 3 percent in the 2012 fourth quarter to 462,000 barrels per day, while net natural gas production decreased 1 percent to 1.27 billion cubic feet per day.
|Millions of Dollars||2012||2011||2012||2011|
|*Includes foreign currency effects||$||(34||)||$||(3||)||$||(275||)||$||211|
International upstream earnings of $5.5 billion increased $1.4 billion from the fourth quarter 2011. The increase between quarters primarily reflected a gain of approximately $1.4 billion on an asset exchange in Australia. Foreign currency effects decreased earnings by $34 million, compared with a decrease of $3 million a year earlier.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV