The company purchased $1.25 billion of its common stock in fourth quarter 2012 under its share repurchase program. Repurchases for the full year totaled $5 billion. At year end, balances of cash, cash equivalents, time deposits and marketable securities totaled $21.9 billion, an increase of $1.8 billion from the end of 2011. Total debt at December 31, 2012 stood at $12.2 billion, an increase of $2.0 billion from a year earlier.
Worldwide net oil-equivalent production was 2.67 million barrels per day in the fourth quarter 2012, up from 2.64 million barrels per day in the 2011 fourth quarter. Production increases from project ramp-ups in Nigeria, the United States and Thailand, higher cost recovery volumes in Bangladesh and new volumes from the recently-acquired Delaware Basin properties were partially offset by normal field declines and the continued shut-in of the Frade Field in Brazil.
|Millions of Dollars||2012||2011||2012||2011|
U.S. upstream earnings of $1.36 billion in the fourth quarter 2012 were down $242 million from a year earlier. Lower crude oil and natural gas realizations were partially offset by higher crude oil production.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV