Hyatt Hotels Corporation (NYSE: H) today announced that a Hyatt affiliate has signed management agreements with affiliates of Constellation Hotels Holding Ltd., adding four hotels in France and more than doubling the number of Hyatt locations in the country.
The agreements will enable Hyatt to establish and enhance brand representation in highly visible locations in some of Europe’s key high-barrier-to-entry markets, consistent with the company’s strategy of increasing the long-term presence of its brands in gateway cities.
The hotels, which will be converted to Hyatt brands beginning in April 2013, will add more than 1,700 rooms to Hyatt’s existing hotel portfolio in France, which includes Park Hyatt Paris Vendome, Hyatt Paris Madeleine and Hyatt Regency Paris Charles de Gaulle. The hotels will be rebranded as follows:
- Hotel Martinez will be rebranded Grand Hyatt Cannes Hotel Martinez
- Palais de la Mediterranée Hotel and Casino will be rebranded Hyatt Regency Nice Palais de la Mediterranée
- Concorde Lafayette will be rebranded Hyatt Regency Paris Etoile
- Hotel du Louvre will enter the Hyatt brand family with its identity intact and will be marketed initially as Hotel du Louvre. Following a renovation, the hotel is to become an Andaz.
Each of the four hotels will undergo a renovation. All hotels can be booked via Hyatt’s reservation systems beginning in April.The hotels are based in some of France’s most sought-after locations, from the most prestigious tourist destinations and commercial districts in Paris to the exclusive Boulevard de la Croisette in Cannes and the Promenade des Anglais in Nice. Peter Fulton, Group President, EAME/Southwest Asia for Hyatt, commented: “We continue to grow in a thoughtful way, focusing on the key destinations where Hyatt guests are traveling. Paris and Cannes are France’s two most important cities for business and leisure travel, and Nice is one of the most in-demand resort areas in the world.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts