E*TRADE today unveiled a new 30-second “Talking Baby” advertisement which will run during the CBS ® television network broadcast of Super Bowl XLVII. View the multimedia assets associated with this press release here: http://smp.businesswire.com/pages/etrade-unveils-super-bowl-xlvii-advertisement.
Photo: E*TRADE Baby "Auction"
In the Super Bowl spot, called “Save It”, the E*TRADE Baby demonstrates just how much money is at stake in hidden 401(k) account fees by playing out over-the-top spending sprees that could be paid for with the money spent on fees. In the end, the Baby offers a better idea, “come to E*TRADE, and Save It.”
To view E*TRADE’s 2013 Super Bowl spot, “Save It,” visit http://www.youtube.com/etrade.
“Grounded in the idea of investor empowerment, we are excited to bring back the E*TRADE Baby with a memorable and iconic ad that encourages investors to take control of their financial futures by avoiding unnecessary expenses,” said Nick Utton, Chief Marketing Officer of E*TRADE Financial Corporation.“We hope this commercial, in addition to our full marketing campaign, serves as a wake-up call for investors to take a serious look at their investments and associated costs, reminding them that E*TRADE can help them achieve their investing and retirement goals for less,” Utton added. The Baby ad is part of a comprehensive new marketing campaign spanning television, print, online, and social media, which will include:
- A second new Baby television spot
- A series of Investing Solutions television commercials, recently launched, to highlight the wide range of investing and retirement solutions available at E*TRADE
- Print and online executions aligned to the etrade.com website
- Online advertising integration with key sites including CNNMoney.com TM, WSJ.com ®, MSN.com TM, Yahoo! ®, Google®, YouTube®, Facebook® and Twitter®
- Fully integrated social media campaign on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Google+. Promotions include: “ Choose Your Favorite E*TRADE Baby Commercial” poll and Big Game Commercial Sneak Peek on Facebook and exclusive “Director’s Cut” content
- Starting this weekend, a premiere of “Save It” will run across approximately 23,000 movie screens nationwide in both the NCM Media Networks’ FirstLook and Screenvision The Limelight pre-show programs
- Over 64 million total views and over 26,000 subscribers on YouTube
- More than 108,000 Facebook Baby and Corporate pages fans
- More than 17,000 Twitter followers