The Kohl’s Department Stores (NYSE: KSS) Kohl’s Cares® Scholarship Program will award more than $425,000 in scholarships and prizes this year. Ranging from $50 Kohl’s gift cards to $10,000 scholarships, more than 2,300 young volunteers who have made a positive impact on their communities will be selected. Nominations for kids ages six to 18 will be accepted February 1 – March 15 at kohlskids.com.
To nominate volunteers ages six to 18 for a Kohl’s Cares scholarship, visit kohlskids.com. Nominations are accepted February 1 through March 15, and nominators must be 21 years or older. Two nominees from each of the more than 1,100 Kohl’s stores nationwide will win a $50 Kohl’s gift card, and more than 200 will win regional scholarships worth $1,000 toward post-secondary education. Ten national winners will be awarded a total of $10,000 in scholarships for post-secondary education, and Kohl’s will donate $1,000 to a nonprofit organization on each national winner’s behalf.
Since the Kohl’s Cares Scholarship Program began in 2001, Kohl’s has recognized more than 17,000 kids with more than $3.4 million in scholarships and prizes. In 2013, Kohl’s celebrates its 13 th year of rewarding young volunteers. Below are just a couple of examples of the outstanding youth recognized during last years’ program.
In 2012, Kohl’s honored national winner Brianna Moore, 15, from Detroit, Michigan who collected, decorated and delivered food baskets that fed more than 400 families in her community, along with collecting and providing hats and gloves for approximately 320 local school children to keep them warm during the harsh Detroit winter. Regional winner, Mackenzie Bearup, 18, was recognized for founding Sheltering Books, Inc., an organization that has collected and donated more than 100,000 books to children in homeless shelters in 35 states and underprivileged school children in the Dominican Republic and Jamaica.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV