SHANGHAI, Feb. 1, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Semiconductor Manufacturing International Corporation ("
SMIC"; NYSE: SMI; SEHK: 981),
China's largest and most advanced semiconductor foundry, today announced that it has been selected as a 2012-2013 constituent of the Ocean Tomo 300® Patent Index (NYSE: OTPAT).
The Ocean Tomo 300 Patent Index is the first stock index based on the value of corporate intellectual property. The Patent Index is composed of 300 companies chosen for the value of their patent portfolios relative to book value, and along with the NASDAQ® Composite is a key market equity index for the knowledge economy. Since its inception in November 2006, the Patent Index has consistently outperformed the S&P®500.
As of January 2013, SMIC held more than 3,000 patents, with 3,800 patent applications pending. For several years, SMIC has been the leader among Chinese semiconductor manufacturers in number of patent applications filed, and in the top ten of all Chinese companies according to number of patents awarded, which demonstrate its attention to patent quality.
"We are honored to be included in the Ocean Tomo 300 Patent Index," commented SMIC CFO
Gareth Kung. "Patents and intellectual property are among the decisive contributors to SMIC's fast growth. We will continue to vigorously pursue patents for our innovations, in order to ensure the stable growth of our intangible assets and maintain our industry leadership, while bringing greater value to our customers and investors."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV