Petroleum Services & Supplies
Revenues for the fourth quarter of 2012 for the Petroleum Services & Supplies segment were $1.77 billion, up three percent compared to third quarter 2012 results and up 13 percent compared to fourth quarter 2011 results. Operating profit was $355 million, or 20.1 percent of sales, down seven percent from the third quarter of 2012 and an increase of 18 percent from the fourth quarter of 2011. Operating profit flow-through was 27 percent from the fourth quarter of 2011 to the fourth quarter of 2012.
Distribution & Transmission
Fourth quarter revenues for the Distribution & Transmission segment were $1.27 billion, down four percent from the third quarter of 2012, and up 126 percent from the fourth quarter of 2011 (due mostly to previously disclosed mergers completed in 2012). Fourth quarter operating profit was $78 million or 6.2 percent of sales. Operating profit flow-through was flat sequentially, and was five percent from the fourth quarter of 2011 to the fourth quarter of 2012.The Company has scheduled a conference call for February 1, 2013, at 8:00 a.m. Central Time to discuss fourth quarter and 2012 results. The call will be broadcast through the Investor Relations link on National Oilwell Varco’s web site at www.nov.com, and a replay will be available on the site for thirty days following the conference. Participants may also join the conference call by dialing 1- 800-446-1671 within North America or 1-847-413-3362 outside of North America five to ten minutes prior to the scheduled start time, and ask for the “National Oilwell Varco Earnings Conference Call.” National Oilwell Varco is a worldwide leader in the design, manufacture and sale of equipment and components used in oil and gas drilling and production operations, the provision of oilfield services, and supply chain integration services to the upstream oil and gas industry.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV