ALBANY, N.Y., Feb. 1, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- AngioDynamics (Nasdaq:ANGO), a leading provider of innovative, minimally invasive medical devices for vascular access, surgery, peripheral vascular disease and oncology, today said it has completed the previously announced acquisition of certain assets of Microsulis Medical Ltd.
Microsulis developed the Acculis MTA microwave ablation system, which utilizes a single, high-power, high-frequency 2.45 GHz saline-cooled applicator that may provide advantages to clinicians and patients, including faster ablation of soft tissue.
"We are excited to welcome the Microsulis team to AngioDynamics," said Joseph M. DeVivo, President and CEO of AngioDynamics. "With the addition of microwave, we have a complete offering of thermal and non-thermal technologies, further building on our status as a market-leader in the $250 million global tissue ablation market."About AngioDynamics AngioDynamics Inc. is a leading provider of innovative, minimally invasive medical devices used by professional healthcare providers for vascular access, surgery, peripheral vascular disease and oncology. AngioDynamics' diverse product lines include market-leading ablation systems, fluid management systems, vascular access products, angiographic products and accessories, angioplasty products, drainage products, thrombolytic products and venous products. More information is available at www.AngioDynamics.com . Trademarks AngioDynamics, the AngioDynamics logo and Acculis are trademarks and/or registered trademarks of AngioDynamics Inc., an affiliate or a subsidiary.
CONTACT: Company Contact: AngioDynamics, Inc. Mark Frost, CFO (800) 772-6446 x1981 mfrost@AngioDynamics.com Investor Relations Contacts: EVC Group, Inc. Greg Gin/Robert Jones (646) 445-4801; (646) 201-5447 email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org Media Contact: EVC Group, Inc. Amy Phillips (412) 327-9499 email@example.com
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV